The Food Hub is a visionary project coming to the Cambridge area, aiming to increase the accessibility of sustainable food whilst supporting local producers and small businesses. The Hub will be a centre for all aspects of food: from production and consumption to education and research. We aim to be fair, progressive and sustainable in all of our actions.
*** Calling all Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire-based coffee shops and cafes!***
Our Green Coffee Shop Scheme is now up and running. If you would like to be part of creating circular systems in food supply, drop us a message at email@example.com.
We are looking for Cambridge-based food start-ups, established food businesses (restaurants, wholesalers, caterers etc) and local producers to join our distribution network. If you’re interested, please contact us or support us by filling out one of our surveys.
Help us reach our first target of 1000 supporters! Sign up and help us to:
- Ensure a lot more locally and sustainably produced food is eaten in Cambridge
- Support small businesses and start-ups
- Provide good food for all people, regardless of income
- Create a fantastic educational resource
- Reduce food miles and lower emissions in the city through sustainable distribution
- Answer the pressing question of how we are going to sustainably feed a growing global population into the future
Our Project Manager Alice explains the Cambridge Food Hub idea at the Oxford Real Farming Conference:
We are getting closer to potential sites for the Food Hub and growing our network of campaign partners. Now we need to ask you a favour… we would be extremely grateful if you could sign up and add your name to our growing list of supporters.
Hover over to pause the slide show