The Food Hub is a visionary project coming to the Cambridge area, aiming to increase the accessibility of sustainable food whilst supporting local producers and small businesses. The Hub will be a centre for all aspects of food: from production and consumption to education and research. We aim to be fair, progressive and sustainable in all of our actions.
Calling all Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire-based coffee shops, cafes and restaurants!
Our Green Coffee Shop Scheme is now up and running. If you would like to be part of creating circular systems in food supply, drop us a message at email@example.com.
We are looking for Cambridge-based food start-ups, established food businesses (restaurants, wholesalers, caterers etc) and local producers to join our distribution network. If you’re interested, please contact us.
At the Food Hub we aim to:
- Ensure a lot more locally and sustainably produced food is eaten in Cambridge
- Support small businesses and start-ups
- Provide good food for all people, regardless of income
- Create a fantastic educational resource
- Reduce food miles and lower emissions in the city through sustainable distribution
- Answer the pressing question of how we are going to sustainably feed a growing global population into the future
Read more on our Impact pages
What is the Food Hub?
Read more on our About pages
Our Project Manager Alice explains the Cambridge Food Hub idea at the Oxford Real Farming Conference: